Tuesday 31 January 2017

Top Ten Tuesday - Favourite Graphic Novels/Comics/Manga



Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature that is hosted by The Broke and The Bookish.

This week's topic is: All about the visuals: Top Ten Favourite Graphic Novels/Comics/Manga 
(I only ended up listing six for this topic)


Nimona by Noelle Stevenson
I loved the artwork of this graphic novel, it was so fun and quirky. 



Through the Woods by Emily Carroll
There are about five separate spooky stories told in this graphic novel and the artwork of each is really beautiful. 


Orange: The Complete Collection vol 1 & 2 by Ichigo Takano
This is one of my favourite manga series'.  Both the story and the artwork of it were amazing.





Solanin by Inio Asano
I read this fairly recently and I was surprised by how much I loved it.  The story was very relatable and I loved the artwork.



Saga series by Brian K Vaughan and Fiona Staples
This is a great comic book series, its very action packed.



Paper Girls Vol 1 by Brian K Vaughan and Cliff Chiang
I was really surprised at this comic book. I really liked the story of it and I loved the artwork and the colours used in it.




What are some of your favourite graphic novels, comics or manga?

8 comments:

  1. Good list, I want to read Orange someday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Orange is great, I hope you like it too when you read it. :)

      Delete
  2. I need to get my hands on Saga asap!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Saga is great and I feel it lives up to the hype surrounding it!

      Delete
  3. Saga is the only one I've read from your list but it's definitely unique! I'm new to the comic world so I'm going to add all these to my list :) I just finished Wires and Nerve by Marissa Meyer and it was wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really liked the Lunar Chronicles so I'll definitely have to check out Wires and Nerve.

      Delete
  4. I have Orange on my wishlist! I'm really hoping to get a copy soon! Also, I'm definitely checking out Solanin. I think I've come across it before but can't quite remember it now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Orange and Solanin are both amazing! I hope you like them too!

      Delete