Tuesday 2 May 2017

Top Ten Tuesday- Book Covers That Represent the Book Well


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.
This week's topic is 'Cover Theme Freebie', so I chose to do: Book Covers That Represent the Book Well.
So basically this is a list of six book covers that I think really reflects what the book is about.


We Are Okay by Nina LaCour
This cover is so pretty but I also think it has a really cold and lonely feeling to it which it perfect for the book.  



Uglies by Scott Westerfeld
I think this edition is really great at representing the book because each little picture on the cover is an actual scene that happens in the book. 



Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell
I think there is no explanation needed for this one as it shows the main characters really well. 



In The Company of Killers series by JA Redmerski
These covers may seem very simple but I think they really reflect the books well because they're very dark and edgy and I love the red on black colours of it.



We Were Liars by E Lockhart
Once I finished this book I realised just how perfect the cover is for it.  It shows characters having fun in the summer but it's also very blurry which I think is perfect for the story.



The Diviners by Libba Bray
I think this edition is great at representing the story.  How the character is dressed on the cover, the New York background and even the writing style of the title gets across when and where the story takes place.  And the dark misty edges and the tagline really gets across how creepy and mysterious the story is.



What book covers do you think are good at representing the story?   

8 comments:

  1. There is nothing worse than a cover that doesn't represent a book well, so it's nice when they actually do. Great take on today's topic.

    Happy TTT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I really enjoyed looking for covers that represented the story well for this topic. Thanks!

      Delete
  2. The only one I read on this list is Fangirl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love the cover of We Are Okay- I just think it's stunning. Even though I didn't fall in love with the story- I want to own the book for it's cover. And I completely agree, the cover is a really good representation of the story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also love the cover of We Are Okay, it's so beautiful and I love how the colours of it work so well with the picture. :)

      Delete
  4. You're right Fangirl's cover really fits it. :)

    Lauren @ Always Me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Fangirl's cover and all the other edition covers are so nice as well. :)

      Delete