Friday 9 June 2017

Oldies but Goodies #1

I decided to do a new feature on this blog called 'Oldies but Goodies'.  It's just a post I'll be doing every so often (it might end up being a weekly thing) where I showcase a book or series that I read years ago. Not that books that have been out more than 4 years are old but I think sometimes we end up prioritising new releases instead of books that have been out a while.  So this feature is just to talk about some of the forgotten books that I feel are still relevant.  I know a lot of people have already done posts like this but I just thought it'd be fun to do as well (also I might end up changing the title).


Uglies series by Scott Westerfeld



BlurbTally is about to turn sixteen, and she can't wait. In just a few weeks she'll have the operation that will turn her from a repellent ugly into a stunning pretty. And as a pretty, she'll be catapulted into a high-tech paradise where her only job is to have fun.

But Tally's new friend Shay isn't sure she wants to become a pretty. When Shay runs away, Tally learns about a whole new side of the pretty world-- and it isn't very pretty. The authorities offer Tally a choice: find her friend and turn her in, or never turn pretty at all. Tally's choice will change her world forever...
- Quoted from Goodreads


I read the Uglies series back in 2010, so it's been 7 years since I read these books but this series still really stands out in my head.  This series has great action scenes, an exciting plot with a lot of moral dilemmas for the characters and a world that really makes you think.


Have you read the Uglies series? What are some books you read years ago that you think people should read these days? 

No comments:

Post a Comment